The Physician Assistant Edition Software Package includes 3 software titles specifically designed to provide PA's with essential calculation and reference tools on your iPhone or iPod touch. This package includes a one year subscription to each of the following programs: Epocrates Rx Pro, PA Toolbox from Medical Wizards, and 5-Minute Clinical Consult.
Epocrates Rx Pro (1 Year Subscription)
Increase patient safety and satisfaction with our premium drug and formulary reference. More than 3,300 brand and generic drugs, including dosing, interactions, black box warnings, safety and monitoring, adverse reactions, and pricing make this tool a must-have for practice!
- More than 3,300 brand and generic drugs
- More than 400 alternative medecines
- Drug-check interaction checker
- IV compatability checker
- Health insurance and Medicare Part D formularies
- Infectious disease treatment guide
- Hundreds of over-the-counter drug products
- Association guidelines and reference tables
- More than 30 medical formulas
- Optional add-ons to suit your needs
- Learn and earn CME/CE on the go!
- More than 100 courses available
- New courses added frequently
5-Minute Clinical Consult from Medical Wizards quickly answers your questions about the diagnosis and management of more than 715 medical conditions seen in everyday practice. Organized in a proven format and designed specifically for use on mobile devices, all topics are concise, consistent, and action-oriented. In this edition, you will find all of the standard features associated with this cornerstone reference, plus new features:
- Comprehensive clinical resource with the most up-to-date information about the diagnosis, treatment, medications, follow-up, and associated conditions of the most common medical conditions
- More than 900 topics, including new topics on Chronic Pain Management, Female Athlete Triad, Graves Disease, Swine Flu, Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, and more
- Additional algorithms illustrating step-by-step management
- ICD-9-CM code index offers convenient access to disease classification and coding data
- Updated health maintenance section
- More evidence based designations highlighted in each topic
- Expanded drug therapy information and increased coverage of alternative medicine allows you to evaluate the full range of therapeutic options available
This best-selling handheld reference places increasing emphasis on evidence-based medicine, highlighting treatments supported by sound clinical studies. Each topic presented includes cited references for your convenience.
This product is subscription based and will function for 1 year following purchase. During this period, all regular content updates will be free. Medical Wizards has partnered with Lippincott Williams & Wilkins to bring you this popular application. Authors: Frank J. Domino, MD, et al.
PA ToolBox 7.0 provides the most valuable modules from the Award winning ER Suite product for the PA working in the Critical Care, Emergency or Primary Care Environment. This product also provides substantial textbook type content now covering over 300 areas.
New 7.0 Features include:
- Auto updates now included, with future updates occurring on a regular basis *
- All modules upgraded and expanded to represent latest updates in content and protocols.
- New topics added to Toxicology, and much more.
- Major expansion of PediDrugs to include most medications prescribed to the pediatric population.
- Improved interface and expansion of PediAbx with both alphabetical and class search.
- PA Consult updated with Dermatomes, Spontaneous Pneumothorax, SARS, Pyloric stenosis, Bronchiolitis, Bell's Palsy, and more.
- Many additions to the Calculator module to include items such as APACHE II score, NIH Stroke score, Pneumonia Severity index, Pediatric Asthma Symptom Severity score, ABCD2 Stroke score, Alvarado scoring system, and over 25 additional major calculators!
- Abx Wizard - A miniature antibiotic guide, showing recommendations by condition with integrated drug dosing calculator for both children and adults.
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Protocols carefully adapted for rapid viewing and implementation, with latest 2005 updates.
- Calculators - This expanded section contains nearly 70 calculators of items like osmolal gap, croup, apgar, glascow trauma scores, peak flow, oxygen tank time to empty, pregnancy calculator, blood alcohol calculator, NIH Stroke Score, APACHE II score, ABCD2 Stroke score, and much more.
- Fluid Wizard - Pediatric and Adult Burn Fluid calculator, Pediatric bolus and maintenance fluid calculator and new feature of %BSA Burn Calculator for both pediatrics and adults.
- PA Consult - Over 300 areas of textbook type content. As part of auto updates, several content areas will be added frequently to expand this substantial resource.
- NALS/PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support Protocols carefully adapted for rapid viewing and implementation, with latest 2005 updates.
- PediAbx - Complete dosing guide with integrated calculators for IV/IM/PO antibiotics for neonates and pediatrics, now searchable by alpha or antibiotic class.
- PediCode - Pediatric Code module with top selections that include all needed drugs with a single selection, based upon underlying condition (e.g. asthma, anaphylaxis, sepsis) PLUS rapid calculation of doses of over 30 drugs and interventions (Updated 2005 AHA guidelines) needed for emergent pediatric critical care.
- PediDrugs - Extensive dosing guide with integrated calculators for a wide range of pediatric drugs. Major expansion of this section occurred in version 7.0, including most routinely used drugs.
- PediFever - Rapid calculator of pediatric fever medications.
- PediGrowth - Pediatric growth chart module, based upon 2000 CDC data, with height, weight, head circumference, BMI, Z scores, normal Vitals and EKG reference.
- PediOTC - A quick reference to pediatric over the counter medications.
- Toxicology - Comprehensive Toxicology Information divided into information on ingestions, overdoses, toxidromes and the specific antidotes with integrated dose calculator.